Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Invitation to Attend the National Junior Honors Society Induction Ceremony for My Daughter

Yesterday evening (Saturday evening) I was very excited when my husband opened a letter and told me it was an invitation for the National Junior Honors Society (NJHS) induction ceremony for our youngest daughter. I jumped several times; congratulated, kissed and hugged my daughter. It was what I was waiting for since last Tuesday.

Last month my daughter was identified as being academically eligible for consideration for membership in the National Junior Honors Society (NJHS) as administrated at her school. Eligibility is determined by her marking period grades which must meet or exceed their chapter's academic standards that all grades must be 87% or higher, and my daughter has GPA between 98-99% since Semester I to Semester III in 7th grade (Because of those accomplishments, our oldest daughter ever had a question to her: "Are you a teacher?" She smiled and I responded: "Future teacher").

After she passed the first selection, she had to take the next step. She was eligible to submit additional information for consideration by the chapter's faculty council which will carefully review her credential. In addition to the academic standards, membership in NJHS is also based on standards of service, leadership, character, and citizenship. To be selected as a member of NJHS, she must demonstrate on her candidate information form and through the evaluations submitted. As my daughter is active in the school orchestra, chamber orchestra, and Girl Scouts, I collected all activities she had participated in those areas and submitted them. She also must get witness signatures and approval signatures from 4 teachers.

To represent my daughter's appreciation, I would like to thank Church Music Director, Gail Busch; Leader of Cadette Troop 468, Keri Spitz; and School Music Teacher: Shawn Lee as the witnesses of my daughter's activities. I also would like to thank her science teacher, math teacher, social teacher, and music teacher who had signed the form for approval. Thank you for your supports.


At the same time, I received a small packet from my good friend in Ohio. She sent me several things from Indonesia as her sister in law from Indonesia is visiting her for several weeks. It made my day.

Another thing that made me happy, yesterday evening before I left work, I checked facebook from my tablet. One of my late cousin's sons has connected with me on facebook. Bimo, that was the name I called him. The last time I met him when he was around 1 year old. He had been a college student at Institute of Technology Bandung (ITB) in Indonesia and recently he gets a scholarship from Imperial College in London and takes Transport Engineering as his major study. Congratulations Bimo! I'm very proud of you.(*)

 
If you're interested in subscribing to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction.  
 
Subscribe!

What am I doing right now?
Follow me on Twitter 

The progress of my book project:
Done: Updating design and blog content at Abbottsbooks and Website content at Wix, Cover Letter, Author Biography, Publication History, and a sample of the chapter. 
Need to finish 100% by tomorrow: Synopsis.
about 1 minute ago from the web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP